Collaboration, Coordination, and Communication: Reframing library programming services
February 16, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm MST
Service Planning Tool from Denver Public Library (This link will take you to GDrive and ask you to make a copy of the spreadsheet.)
- Is your library interested in exploring collaborative programming?
- Has your organization already moved to a more coordinated programming model, but you are having trouble getting everyone on the same page?
- Do you have best practices for collaborative programming you want to share?
If so, we invite you to join us for a facilitated discussion designed to help reframe how we provide programming services to best serve our communities.
Staff from two public libraries in Colorado will share information about their programming frameworks and ongoing coordination processes, followed by a group discussion allowing us to brainstorm together how to work collaboratively to create the programming services our communities want and need.
Come prepared to share your experiences, challenges, and success stories!
- Learn how collaborative programming can help organizations improve programming services while reducing duplicative work.
- Discuss challenges to collaborative programming models, and how to address them creatively.
- Brainstorm and share best practices, processes, tools, and more for developing a collaborative programming model.
About the Presenters
Cydney Clink is Head of Youth Services for Mesa County libraries where she is working to help bring cohesion to the youth programs by encouraging collaboration among a wonderful group of library staff who present a variety of programs to patrons ages birth to 18 years, from diverse communities, in eight very different locations.
Anne Kemmerling, Director of Neighborhood Services for the Denver Public Library, describes herself as a community-oriented librarian with an eye on organizational development, strategic planning, and daily operations. She find value in having a variety of experiences and relationships, all contributing to a well-rounded, realistic perspective.