February 24, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm MST
- Do you miss providing in-person storytimes?
- Do you want to be able to provide memorable in-person programming?
Now you can! Learn how to offer Drive-In Storytimes using radio transmitters while patrons relax in the comfort of their car!
“Tune in” as we think outside the Zoom box! Come prepared to share your questions and ideas.
- Session Slides (PDF)
- PPLD Equipment (PDP)
- Where to get large books
- Lakeshore has big books, but not really any new books, just the ‘classics’
- The Book Farm
- Great books, rhymes and songs
- Elephant and Piggie books are perfect for acting out
- Woody Guthrie’s “Going for a Ride in the Car Car”
- The Wiggles Big Red Car
- “Drivin’ in my car” by Ralph’s World
- If You’re Happy and You Know it – (honk your horn, swish your wipers, flash your lights…)
- Drivin’ in My Car
- Drive My Car by Laurie Berkner
- In the Car” by Justin Roberts
- Lots of Cars, Dinosaurs in Cars by Nancy Stewart
- What if you don’t have a parking lot
- Partner with a local mall/store/park to use their lot
- Grassy area
- Local schools
- Community center
- Other Program Ideas
- Scary stories at night
- Could you also use it for a movie?
- Drive in movies
- Haunted house
- Scavenger Hunt
- Parking Lot Dance Part
About Melody Alvarez and Milissa Fellers
Melody Alvarez is the Director of Family & Children’s Services for Pikes Peak Library District.
Milissa Fellers is the Early Literacy Librarian for Pikes Peak Library District.