Mental Health & Wellness Discussion Group for Library Professionals – The Group is Full
June 19, 2024 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm MDTFree
Applications are now closed for this group, because we reached our maximum participants. If you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please email Christine Kreger directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are thrilled to announce the launch of a new initiative designed exclusively for you—our esteemed library professionals. Recognizing the importance of mental health in our field, we invite you to join our six-month Library Mental Health & Wellness Discussion Group, where we aim to foster a supportive and nurturing environment for open dialogue.
We are excited to invite you to be a part of our upcoming monthly Mental Health & Wellness Discussion Group, which will be conducted online over the course of six months, starting in February 2024. This group aims to provide a supportive space for open and constructive conversations about mental health, fostering a community of understanding, empathy, and growth.
Embark on a journey that not only prioritizes your mental well-being but also enhances your professional growth! By participating in our six-month Mental Health & Wellness Discussion Group, you stand to gain a multitude of benefits tailored specifically for you.
- Personal Development: Explore diverse topics curated to enrich your understanding of mental health, providing you with practical insights that extend beyond the professional realm.
- Networking Opportunities: Forge meaningful connections with like-minded colleagues in the library profession. Share experiences, strategies, and insights that can broaden your perspective and contribute to your personal and professional network.
- Skill Enhancement: Hone your communication and leadership skills through interactive sessions. Participate in facilitating discussions, offering valuable contributions, and gain confidence in expressing your thoughts within a supportive environment.
- Professional Recognition: As an active participant, you’ll position yourself as a leader committed to holistic well-being within the library profession. This involvement can enhance your professional reputation and open doors to new opportunities.
- Facilitator Training: Take the next step in your professional journey by gaining experience as a discussion group facilitator. After completing the program, you’ll have the opportunity to lead discussions, offer training within your organization, or present your insights—further solidifying your expertise in the field.
What to Expect:
- Monthly Topics: Each month, our newsletter will delve into a different mental health & wellness topic, providing you with valuable insights and resources.
- Interactive Sessions: Our meetings will feature a recommended reading, an icebreaker question to kickstart discussions, thought-provoking discussion questions, and a concluding activity to solidify our takeaways.
- Facilitator Development: We envision this group as a dynamic community where everyone plays a role. After completing the six-month program, participants are encouraged to take the lead—facilitate the next cohort, offer training in your organization, or even present your insights. This is an opportunity for personal and professional growth within a supportive community.
Dates/Topics – The group will meet on the third Wednesday of each month from 1-2 PM, with the exception of our first meeting on February 21, which will be from 1-3 PM
- February 21 – 2 hours from 1-3 PM – Facilitation Training
- March 20 – 1 – 2 PM – Low morale in library workers
- April 17 – 1 – 2 PM- Emotional Labor
- May 15 – 1 – 2 PM- Vocational Awe
- June 19 – 1 – 2 PM- Urban Trauma
- July 17 – 1 – 2 PM – Resilience Narrative
Questions? Please contact Christine Kreger at email@example.com