Collaborative Discussions Training: Culturally Responsive Collaboration
February 16, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST
Become a Collaborative Discussion coach!
Are you passionate about community engagement?
- Are you curious and eager to learn and explore in a group environment?
- Do you value collaboration and seek interaction and support from peers?
- Are you eager to take community engagement to the next level?
This Collaborative Discussion Training is an intensive, 5-week online program that offers a deep dive into the Collaborative Discussion Toolkit, a collection of learning activities developed by educational and community based partners. Through small group sessions, participants will learn how to use the toolkit to design their own certificate program in collaborative discussion.
After completing this training, successful participants will become coaches and be able to deliver their own, tailored certificate program in collaborative discussion within their communities. These might take the form of a community workshop series, classroom experience, or professional development training.
The Interactivity Foundation will be co-facilitating each session with community partners who will share their expertise in different dimensions of collaborative discussion.
The program will be held weekly on 5 consecutive Wednesdays, from 9-12 MT with the expectation of review and practice in between sessions. One-on-one follow ups, cohort check-ins, and LinkedIn badges are also available.
Interested in applying? Please fill out this application by 5 PM on Monday December 13, 2021. Applicants will be notified by December 22, 2021.
- Collaborative Discussions is open to any public library staff in Colorado
- Due to the anticipated popularity of this program, only one staff member from any one library organization may be accepted.
- Applicants MUST be able to attend all 5 sessions, and have the time needed to complete homework assignments.
- Session dates:
- January 19, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- January 26, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- February 2, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- February 9, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- February 16, 2022, from 9-12 MT
- Session dates:
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants from small and rural libraries and to those who do not have the opportunity to attend other community conversation training.